Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/canterburybalust/public_html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 123
Health & Safety
Canterbury Balustrade Health and Safety Policy
Canterbury Balustrade is committed to the protection of its employees, its property and other people from accidental injury or damage from work carried out by and on behalf of the company and adopts health, safety and welfare as a fundamental business objective.
To meet this commitment:
- Management will comply with all relevant health and safety legislation, standards and codes of practice.
- Management will support and encourage employee consultation and participation in health and safety.
- Management will support the safe and early return to work of injured employees.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all workplace incidents and unsafe conditions.
- Management will promote a system of continuous improvement.
- Ensure adequate resources are allocated to plan, review and develop.
Every Worker is expected to share in this commitment to health and safety in the workplace by:
- Observing all safe work procedures, rules and instructions
- Taking an active role in the company’s treatment and rehabilitation plan, to ensure a safe and early return to work
- Ensuring all incident, injuries hazards and risks are accurately reported to the appropriate person
- Wearing PPE as required
LEGISLATION: HEALTH & SAFETY AT WORK ACT 2015
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, click here
Site Safe Membership
Canterbury Balustrade Ltd are members of Site Safe whom assist construction businesses to improve their health and safety culture; to control hazards and reduce injuries. Site Safe is membership based, not-for-profit, and our services cater to the entire construction and related industries. The Site Safe team of health and safety professionals offer safety systems, training, consultancy, audits, resources. Our staff are all holders of The Building Construction Passport for the building construction industry.
Site Safe’s vision is to be:
‘the leading advocate for improving the culture of safety in the construction industry.’
Site Safe exists to:
- Promote a culture of health and safety in the New Zealand construction industry
- Create conditions in which health and safety can prosper throughout construction contract agreement chains
The Building Construction Passport
The passport is a four-hour course designed to improve safety awareness and the actions of everyone working on a construction site. Many companies have made the Site Safe Passport a standard of entry to their sites.
The primary goal of the Passport is to stop injuries. This is achieved by learning about safety responsibilities and by applying what is learnt and acting safely on site, despite the everyday pressures placed on workers. The course is highly interactive to maintain trainee interest whether you are a 20-year industry veteran or a new labourer. The course includes tools that enable positive employer-employee interaction that can be used to improve safety performance and efficiency.
Improving Safety Knowledge
To ensure Participants are kept up-to-date with developments in health and safety, and to ensure their health and safety knowledge continues to improve, Passport holders are required to complete a refresher course every two years.
To minimise the chances of injury, the building code requires that glass that is used in areas where there is a chance of human impact must be Safety Glass. Safety glass comes in two main forms, toughened glass and laminated glass.
Is glass that has been heated then rapidly cooled, resulting in glass that is four to five times stronger than ordinary glass and if broken forms small granules.
From our Customers
Spent weekend in the sounds, staining the wooden handrail on the new balustrade; it looks magnificent! The builder and his team came around to inspect the job; said it was one of the best balustrade makes and installation they had seen and they build a lot of decks in and around the sounds. My thanks to you and your team for a magic and hassle free job. I will certainly be recommending you and your company.— Dave Macalister, General Manager, Jon Jon Bakeries